Sassycams

Friday, May 18, 2007

Marina, May-May
I am going to take this time to gush about my friend Mariner. Since I first met Marina on July 4, 2004, I wanted to be friends with her. After a rough move to Orange County and being sick through the whole winter months of 2005, I really started to see how much she cares for her friends. When I was too sick to leave the house, she brought over Sprite, soup and saltines so I could stay nourished. We have stupid cutesy nicknames for each other and we have baking/cooking nights mingled with craft nights. Once my business is up-and-running, I want her to be my first real employee. She's possibly more excited about me and Gus planning a family and I already trust her with our future children.
My current gush comes from this past week. Gus and I were in New York City for a wedding and we asked Marina if she would like to stay at our place (a quiet haven to study for finals) and to water our already dead plants. We arrived home yesterday to a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a menu on the refrigerator. She had cooked us 3.5 amazing dinner entrees, breakfast biscuits, burritos for lunch and dessert bars that you would hurt someone for. Gus and I have thoroughly been enjoying our meals, but I think we've been enjoying Marina's friendship to us even more. Her thoughtfulness and care for us is over the top, plus taking the time to do that with finals around the corner...seriously. She's awesome! (And good Christian single men, she's available!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home