Sassycams

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

NEW YORK CITY - SOHO

Sunday morning we moved into the city. We dumped our stuff at the hotel and headed out for my choices in Greenwich Village and Soho. I knew two things that I wanted to do, which may sound stupid to others, but exciting to me. Although we ended up, off the subway, by Gray's Papaya hot dogs we weren't hungry yet so we skipped it (bummer). I also wasn't smart enough on this day to get the addresses and directions to where we were going. This is the only time I can remember Gus being frustrated with me on the trip- thank goodness...it was well deserved too.

Thanks to Gus, he remembered there was a MAC store in SoHo. We called his mom and she gave us the address. We located it only three blocks from where we were standing. I realized that we could look up my choices there with their free internet access. Here's Gus at the MAC SoHo store.

We located my two items and I shall blog about those here:

1. Purl Patchwork Soho. www.purlsoho.com Now, I might not look excited in the picture (and it definitely wasn't my best picture of the trip), but seriously, I was. I found this store online as I started doing research for millaTuelle fabrics. Purl Patchwork carries some WONDERFUL artists' fabrics and it was nice just talking to the two gals working there. The one gal asked where we were from and I said Orange County, California. She tipped me off that their website warehouse is in Costa Mesa, along with their sale fabrics, and they take walk-ins all the time. Therefore, I didn't feel like I had to buy everything in the store while I was there. Call it my shopaholism, but I wanted to buy SOMETHING, so I bought a small bundle of pink and red fabrics. I think I might put them all together into one hippie-type, summery shirt.








Lastly on our trip to SoHo, I decided if we were to live in NYC, I would love to live here (or Greenwich Village right up the street...more in next Blog Post). But alas, Orange County does not have the highest rents across the U.S. We found two summer listings- a one bedroom available June and July for $3,500 per month and Nolita lofts 2,000 sq ft (which is quite big) with 1.5 baths and a gourmet kitchen for $6,500 per month. Hello! We thanked the Lord for our apartment after seeing those signs. Location, Location, Location (apparently).

So goes our story of SoHo. This post was a bit long, so the rest of the day (Greenwich Village choice #2) will be in the next Blog Post. Yay.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home