Sassycams

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

EVERYTHING (song by Tim Hughes) (postword by Cami)

GOD IN MY LIVING
THERE IN MY BREATHING
GOD IN MY WAKING
GOD IN MY SLEEPING

GOD IN MY RESTING
THERE IN MY WORKING
GOD IN MY THINKING
GOD IN MY SPEAKING

BE MY EVERYTHING
BE MY EVERYTHING
BE MY EVERYTHING
BE MY EVERYTHING

GOD IN MY HOPING
THERE IN MY DREAMING
GOD IN MY WATCHING
GOD IN MY WAITING

GOD IN MY LAUGHING
THERE IN MY WEEPING
GOD IN MY HURTING
GOD IN MY HEALING

CHRIST IN ME
CHRIST IN ME
CHRIST IN ME
THE HOPE OF GLORY

YOU ARE EVERYTHING

CHRIST IN ME
CHRIST IN ME
CHRIST IN ME
THE HOPE OF GLORY

BE MY EVERYTHING

POSTWORD:
For the last two days all I have listened to on my iPod is the above song "Everything" by Tim Hughes. While the whole album is great (seriously, make a purchase of HOLDING NOTHING BACK), I keep hitting return on this one song. The music and the lyrics are presently challenging me and following Pastor Mike's sermon on Sunday and his challenge to do something great for the Lord, I NEED the words to this song. All day long I was crying out to God, "Be my Everything."

So much so that it compelled me to pick up my prayer journal last night. Sadly, my last entry was on May 17, 2007 (which I don't remember writing) and before that was sometime in mid-2006. Dispicable in my eyes. But at the bottom of each page is a Bible verse- at the bottom of the next blank page that I was to start writing on was the following verse:

COLOSSIANS 1:27b "...which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. "

I sat there for a moment, staring at the blank page, with my mouth open in wonder. Was this irony or a mystery how the song and the verse could be there together? No. I believe the Lord was actively speaking to me- nothing "ironic" about it. And I believe He was letting me know a few different things:

1. His Word is alive! It reaches out not only through song, but connects to the heart.
2. I wasn't falling in love with words written by a musician, rather, a musician had used words from God's Word and I believe that is why it has touched my heart so much.
3. PICK UP YOUR BIBLE AND YOUR PRAYER JOURNAL TOGETHER- USE THEM OFTEN!!!! (THAT SHOULD BE #1)
4. That I need to study the Bible more diligently- so I would have known it was words from Colossians when I first heard the song.

All I know is that I ran out and told Gus of what had happened, went back into our room to read and write and prayer for a little while, and I went to bed smiling. It was an amazing evening for me, and going to sleep feeling close to the Lord is a blessing.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home