Sassycams

Monday, May 05, 2008


BACK and READY TO ATTACK

Hmm...that title is kind of lame, but I wanted it to rhyme. Anyway, here I am in May 2008, committed to blogging again...hoping my commitment will last a little longer than the last one. PLEASE NOTE: My last post was in August 2007, announcing my pregnancy. I'm pretty upset with myself that I didn't blog at all throughout my pregnancy. What a dummy. Nothing of my journey is documented and that makes me sad.

I'm a mom now- I've been a mom for 3 months which still blows my mind a little. I think everyday I adjust a little more, but we seem to be in a routine and it seems to feel normal on most days.

Now that AJ is accustomed to his morning nap, I want to use my time (and my new MACBook) wisely. So, instead of checking email or browsing the internet or posting on facebook, I'm going to read more and blog about it. At least for the month of May, I'm going to be posting about "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace. We discussed the book, conversationally, at Staff Wives dinner the other night. When I opened it to start reading today, I saw that I had written "4-11-05" next to the first chapter. Yeah, that's when I started reading this book and that's when I stopped. It's been sitting in the top drawer of my night table ever since...until now. A lot has happened since 4-11-05, which was two days after my 26th birthday. The next post will begin my month of reading "The Excellent Wife."

2 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger GrammyClaire said…

    Even us long marrieds have a hard time with the me factor. And trying to keep the we (God and husbands)first. Thanks for sharing. I think I could use that book even at almost 28 years of marriage. We all can grow and mature in Christ. Love ya MOM (claire)

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger maventheavenger aka jamie said…

    Wow! What a beautiful baby!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home