Sassycams

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Day 2- What's stopping me?

The question should really be, "What's stopping me from being an excellent wife?" I can become what God wants me to be, if I do what He wants me to do. But what stops me from doing that? SIN...SIN...SIN...SIN...seriously, again...SIN.

First, you must deal with your sin. (There's going to be a lot of Scripture in this blog, taken from the reading- I feel it necessary to write it all down though.)

I John 3:4-6
4Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

The author states that, "sin...is a transgression from any of God's standards." "Sin is wanting to do things her own way rather than God's way." How many times per day do I do things my own way rather than God's? Do I even stop to question what God's way is before doing something? Hmmm...there's a question for ya! Well, for myself at least. Even though I am at home now, rarely dealing with the outside world every day, I still need to ask myself that question daily (and sometimes constantly throughout the day). Of course this task seemed easier to me when I was working in the big-bad law firm with non-Christians all around, testing my moral compass, testing my reactions, standing up for what is right. Now I deal with AJ all day. Different, but the same. (Testing my patience by screaming in the other room right now. Yes, we let him CIO before nap time.) These days I face sin in regards to: laziness, selfishness, priorities, accountability, complaining (not being content), various temptations, denying one's self for Christ's sake (today, I'm denying myself coffee).

More Scripture regarding how to combat sin in our lives:

II Corinthians 5:21
21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

John 8:34,36
34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin...36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

John 14:16-17
6And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you.

You've got it, CHRIST is how we combat sin in our lives- how we become an EXCELLENT WIFE. He is the Way, the Truth, the Life. We can accomplish ANYTHING with and through Him. "Because God so richly provided for a Christian wife in her battle against sin, she is without excuse.

I John 1:9
9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Am I ready to begin? Am I ready to stop making excuses, because I know full well that Christ has given me the tools to conquer my laziness and be a truly excellent wife? I believe I am. I feel seriously motivated. I know I'm not perfect and I may mess up, but hello, let's not allow that to stop us from trying. (Why am I talking in the 3rd person?)

So with I John 1:9 confession and the following prayer from the author, let's get it started [in here]:

"Dear Lord, I confess that I have not been the wife that You want me to be. I need Your help to become that wife. I now commit myself to make my ministry to my husband the primary ministry of my life. Teach me what I need to know. I want my life and my relationship with my husband to glorify You. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

I John 5:14
14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home